Surrey LUG Bring-A-Box 8th June 2013
Bring a 'box', bring a notebook/netbook, bring anything that might run Linux, or just bring yourself and enjoy socialising, learning, teaching or simply chilling out!
New members are very welcome. We're not a cliquey bunch, so you won't feel out of place! Usually between 15 and 30 people come along.
- Time: 11am to 5pm
- Location: LiNCORE, Reigate, Surrey
How to get here
The address is: 1 Somers Road, Reigate, RH2 9DU. If using sat nav, look out for the building in the photo to the right.
Reigate station is only a five-minute walk away. There is limited on-site parking. However, free parking is available in the nearby streets on the Saturday.
On arrival, press the buzzer on the outer door to be let in. Please sign in and out at the reception area.
Follow the signs for the meeting room.
Please ensure that you tidy up after yourself (and others) so that we leave the venue in good order and will be invited back!
Presentations & Workshops
- 11:30 Cisco ASA Firewall and virus protection - Jay Bennie
- Around 1230-1330. Bring sandwiches, head into town (the venue is very close to the centre) or make for the nearby pub (also within walking distance)
- Everything you ever needed to know about bmn & smn - http://pinterest.com/pin/211176670000330327/ - osde8info
- Build your own chromium (or not) - https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/LinuxBuildInstructions - osde8info
- Demonstration of Kororaa 17, Debian Mint (Mate), Rosa Marathon and Mageia 3 distros - Desmond Armstrong
- Wireless Internet access
- Tea and coffee
To see the kind of things we've done at previous sessions, try the BringABoxArchive page, where you'll find summaries and photos.