- No upcoming events available
Surrey LUG Planet
The following are the blogs added by our members. If you have a blog that would be of interest to other Surrey LUG members, please add it below.
Huh, this turned out to be longer than I expected. Don’t feel obliged to read it, it’s more notes for myself, and to remind me of why I liked the event.Event
On Wednesday I went to DevRelCon in London. DevRelCon is “a one day single track conference for technical evangelists, developer advocates and anyone interested in developer relations” setup by Matthew Revell. I don’t think there’s a lot of difference between my role (defined as Community Manager) at Canonical and Developer Relations so figured it would probably have appropriate content for my role. Boy was I right!
DevRelCon was easily the...
Over the past 32 months I have continued to be fairly happy with my Novatech n1410. It has generally been fast enough, reliable enough, light enough and with a decent battery life. The downsides over the long term proved to be the keyboard and trackpad which have never been enjoyable to use and the lack of audio volume. Overall though I would say that it has lived up to my expectations for a budget Ultrabook.
But then last...
I was surprised to learn that Ubuntu 14.04 can talk to Skype for Business AKA Lync 2013 using the Pidgin Instant Messaging client. The general steps were:
# apt-get install pidgin pidgin-sipe
And then restart Pidgin and add a new Account. The Office Communicator is the relevant plugin, with the following parameters:
- Protocol: Office Communicator
- Username: Your Office 365 or Skype for Business username – probably your email address
- Password: Your password is obviously required – and will be stored unencrypted in the config file, so you may wish to leave this blank and enter at each login
- Server[:Port]: Leave empty if your set-up has autodiscovery
- Connection type: Auto
- User Agent: UCCAPI/15.0....