Surrey LUG Bring-A-Box 13th April 2013
We have regular sessions on the second Saturday of each month. Our meeting this month is at Sirius Corporation in Addlestone, Surrey. Thanks to Andrew Wilkins for hosting us this month.
New members are very welcome. We're not a cliquey bunch, so you won't feel out of place! Usually between 15 and 30 people come along.
Bring a 'box', bring a notebook, bring anything that might run Linux or just bring yourself and enjoy socialising/learning/teaching or simply chilling out!
Please don't touch any of Sirius's equipment, e.g. LCD screens or computers - check with the host if you're not sure.
Please ensure that you tidy up after yourself (and others) so that we leave the venue in good order and will be invited back!
- Time: 11am to 5pm
- Location: Sirius Corporation, Addlestone, Surrey
- Travel info and directions: BringABox/Addlestone
Presentations & Workshops
- MySQL replication - Igor Shevtsov
- Around 1230-1330. The local pub, called the Pelican, is along Hamm Moor lane - just down from the Sirius offices. Alternatively, bring sandwiches or head into Addlestone itself.
- Tiny Tiny RSS - Samuel Penn
- Running simultaneous independent sessions in Chromium - Alan Pope
- A demonstration of Ubuntu Touch - Alan Pope
- Wireless Internet access
- Projector (for presentations)
To see the kind of things we've done at previous sessions, try the BringABoxArchive page, where you'll find summaries and photos.