Bring-A-Box 12th Feb 2011
We have regular sessions on the second Saturday of each month. Our meeting this month is again at the Nokia site.
New members are very welcome. We're not a cliquey bunch, so you won't feel out of place! Usually between 10 and 30 people come along.
To get the flavour of some typical meetings, take a look at our BringABoxArchive.
The next meeting is scheduled for...
- Time: 11am - 5pm-ish
- Location: Nokia, Farnborough, Hampshire
- Travel info and directions: See BringABox/NokiaSouthwood
- Send next-of-kin details to robert |dot| beattie |at| nokia |dot| com, subject heading "Linux meeting"
You must inform the Bob at Nokia in advance of attending, you can find out his email address from the mailing list archives. Failure to do this may result in you being turned away by security.
Please ensure that you tidy up after yourself (and others) so that we leave the venue in good order.
- 11:00 gather
- 11:30 A talk by you (hopefully!)
- 12:00 A talk by someone you encouraged!
- Around 12:45/13:00 Lunch (bring your own sarnies or convoy to the local pub or supermarket).
- 14:00 goo.gl - everything you ever wanted to know - osde8info
- 14:15 phoronix performance benchmarking - osde8info
- 14:30 oracle linux 5 update 6 - five reasons to try - osde8info
- 15:00 installing get_iplayer, the easy way - Desmond
To see the kind of things we've done at previous sessions, try the BringABoxArchive page, where you'll find summaries and photos.