Bring-A-Box 12th Mar 2011
We have regular sessions on the second Saturday of each month. Our March meeting is at Sirius Corporation in Addlestone, Surrey. Thanks to Laura Czajkowski for hosting us this month.
New members are very welcome. We're not a cliquey bunch, so you won't feel out of place! Usually between 10 and 30 people come along.
Bring a 'box', bring a notebook, bring anything that might run Linux or just bring yourself and enjoy socialising/learning/teaching or simply chilling out!
Please note that food is not permitted at Sirius, if you wish to eat, please go outside or to the pub.
Do not touch any of Sirius's equipment, e.g. LCD screens, failure to adhere to this rule will likely result in you being refused entry to subsequent meetings.
Please ensure that you tidy up after yourself (and others) so that we leave the venue in good order.
- Time: 11am - 5pm
- Location: Sirius Corporation, Addlestone, Surrey
- Travel info and directions: BringABox/Addlestone
Presentations & Workshops
- 12:00 Introduction to VortexBox - Peter Clark
- 12:45 XenClient install fest - only works on notebooks with Intel chipsets
- 13:00. Bring your own sarnies or convoy to the local pub (the Pelican along Hamm Moor lane, just down from the Sirius offices).
- 14:00 tango.me android iphone video voip app eval (please pre-install tango.me)
from Install Challenge on 1GHz Celleron CPU, 1Gb CF Flash storage, 1Gb memory,
|Debian Squeeze||700 Mb||pekwm||IceWeasel||Can be burnt directly to USB disk for install. Read more.|
|Tiny Core||Would boot, but would not install,|
|Crunch Bang #!||>1000Mb||OpenBox||Out of disk space during install.|
Article with suggested Lightweight Distros
- Wireless Internet access
- There will be no projector or screen
To see the kind of things we've done at previous sessions, try the BringABoxArchive page, where you'll find summaries and photos.