Surrey LUG Bring-A-Box 2nd June 2012
This month's Bring-a-box meeting is on the first Saturday of June (the 2nd) at the Field Studies Council, Juniper Hall in Dorking, Surrey. Our thanks to Berni Elbourn for hosting us this month.
New members are very welcome. We're not a cliquey bunch, so you won't feel out of place! Usually between 15 and 30 people come along.
Bring a 'box', bring a notebook, bring anything that might run Linux or just bring yourself and enjoy socialising/learning/teaching or simply chilling out and enjoying the beautiful countryside at this location!
We will have a dedicated part of the building for our meeting. Please don't wander into any other rooms - if you're not sure, check with the venue host.
As the FSC is a charity, they would be grateful if you could make a small donation (suggested amount is £2). There will be a collection box by the door to the room we are in.
Please ensure that you tidy up after yourself (and others) so that we leave the venue in good order and will be invited back!
- Time: 1100-1700
- Location: Field Studies Council, Dorking, Surrey
- Travel info and directions: BringABox/FieldStudiesCentre
Presentations & Workshops
- Setting up Arch Linux/XBMC on a Raspberry Pi - Mikeecho
- Around 1230-1330. Either bring sandwiches (if the weather's nice, it's a great place for a picnic!) or head to the nearby pub.
- 2:30 Issues with get_iplayer - Desmond
- Slots free - all offers welcome!
- Wireless Internet access
To see the kind of things we've done at previous sessions, try the BringABoxArchive page, where you'll find summaries and photos.